Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More Loose Ends - Parker, Allen, Monroe

This past week I did census work re Francis A. Allen m. 1) Lydia Bratcher and 2) Margaret Jackson. I also found my old email correspondence with a descendant of Francis and Lydia. Took me over a week! I finally found it in my "Self" family folder. I should have looked there earlier as Lydia Bratcher is d/o David Bratcher and Lydia Self. And... as our twisty family goes - this means Isaac West who married 1) Phoebe Monroe and 2) Harriett (McChesney) Monroe is first cousin to Lydia Bratcher m. Francis A. Allen as Isaac's mother Eleanor and Lydia's mother Lydia were both daughters of Edward Self and Sarah Cottrell. All this aside - I still have a strong suspicion (the know in my heart but can't prove it kind) Francis Allen is a grandson of David Allen and Elizabeth Price and my gg-gmother Rebecca Allen's nephew. I would so love to prove this but with the records in Hart Co., KY burned and burned again I may never know. I have learned descendants of Francis kept contact with some of their Kentucky kin on the Bratcher side. The fact he and his second wife are in Rice Co., KS in 1880 census before moving to nearby Pratt Co. where he lives the rest of his life makes me think perhaps he knew his cousins who were related to him via his aunt Rebecca. Could that be why he went to Rice Co., KS? Maybe I'm just dreaming this all as I so much would like to identify Rebecca's siblings and their descendants. I know they are out there somewhere. How can I find them? I need help!

No comments: