Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This is my first blog post. I'm not totally sure why I'm doing this. My idea is to let my cousins know what I am up to re researching the descendants of Johnson Monroe and Amelia Hooper. I started the Johnson_Monroe@yahoogroups..com group but not very many cousins post and because I don't know everyone's interest I don't feel comfortable posting there what I am up to researching on a day to day basis there. Don't want to bore anyone too much! Anyone who reads this blog and would like to be invited to the Yahoo group just let me know. There is a lot of Monroe family information posted there from reunion pictures, cemetery stones, WW1 draft registration cards, death certificates, old family photos and photos of some of us that are recent. All cousins and that includes shirt-tail and kissing cousins too.

So.. I'll invite all the cousins in the Johnson_Monroe Yahoo group to join (may take me a while to get all the email addys together and do the invites) as well as other cousins who not in the Yahoo group who may be interested. Everyone invited will have "comment privileges" and I want to hear from you so please do comment.

That's it for today. I need to start inviting my cousins. It'll take me at least a week to get all the invites done. Hope to hear from all of you...lyn

No comments: